Really simple and easy Paneer jalfrezi. Jhal means spicy food. Jalfrezi is usually prepared by stir-frying ingredients. Try this beautifully spiced Indian Cottage cheese stir fried with fantastic flavors of cumin, ginger garlic, capsicum, and other spices. Serve it with fresh parathas.
- Paneer: -100grms roughly chopped
- Oil:- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds:- 1 tsp
- Onion:-1 medium sized thinly sliced
- capsicum:-1/2 cup thinly sliced
- Tomato:-1 medium sized thinly sliced
- Garlic:-1 or 2 pods roughly chopped
- Ginger:- 1 small julienned
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder:- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder:- 1 tsp
- sugar:-1/4 tsp(optional)
- salt to taste
- Coriander leaves chopped to garnish
- lemon: -half of a lemon
Take a heavy bottomed pan, add oil and crackle cumin seeds. Add sliced onion and stir fry. Add sliced ginger garlic and keep stirring. Before you add your masalas, keep the flame to the lowest, so that the masalas don’t get burnt. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder sugar and salt and keep stirring. If you feel your masala burning add a splash of water. This will keep your masala fresh. Add chopped tomatoes and capsicum and stir-fry. Add paneer and mix gently. Do not cook the paneer for more than 2 or 3 minutes.
Squeeze half of a lemon, add chopped coriander and gently stir. Serve hot with fresh parathas.