- Mixed vegetables (yam, raw banana, beans, ash guard, potato, carrots, drumsticks etc ) cut in to small thick slices (as showed in the video below):-100 grm each around
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 or more green chillies depending upon taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 shallots
- garlic pods -3
- curd -1/2 cup
- salt to taste
- coconut oil-2-3 tbsp
- water half cup
- curry leaves few
- Cut all the vegetables into thick long pieces
- in a mud pot add 2 tbsp coconut oil. Add all the vegetables except drumsticks. And sauté for few minutes. Add turmeric powder , salt to taste and 1/2 cup water and mix well. Close the lid and cook the vegetables until it is half cooked. Keep the flame to the lowest while cooking.
- Add drumstick pieces . Mix well . Cover and cook until all the vegetables are cooked well.
- in a mixer grinder jar add 1 cup grated coconut , 1 tsp cumin seeds,1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 or 2 green chillies depends on your taste , shallots 2-3 ,garlic pods and 1/4 cup curd . Coarsely grind it without using water.
- Add this coconut mixture to the cooked vegetables. Gently mix and combine well. And cook for another 2 minutes.
- Check salt and add more if needed. Also add frw curry leaves.
- Switch off the gas and immediately add 1 -2 tbsp coconut oil. Combine well. Aviyal is ready to serve
- Serve it with hot boiled rice
Please share with your friends: