- Cowpea or black eyed pea or vanpayar-1/4 cup soaked overnight
- Ash guard or pumpkin diced 300 grm
- Green chillies 2-3
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- curry leaves few
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker add overnight soaked cowpea or vanpayar and salt to taste. Add one cup water and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2-3 whistle .
- In a mud pot add add chopped ash gourd or pumpkin, 2-3 split green chillies depends upon your taste, salt to taste, few curry leaves, 1 cup of water ,mix well and cook over low flame.
- Mash the ash gourd a little. Add cooked vanpayar or cowpea ( do not add the stock)
- add 1 cup thick coconut milk. Simmer for few minutes. Do not boil . Check salt and add more if needed. Switch off gas and immediately add 1 tsp coconut oil. Mix well . Add few more curry leaves. Cover and let it rest for sometime.
- Olan is ready to serve. Serve it with hot boiled rice.
Please share with your friends: