- 1 cup plain, or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder +3 tablespoons cocoa powder for fudge sauce
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cup boiled water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9ch pan, and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla. Mix until combined, do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and 3 tbsp cocoa powder. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Pour the hot water on top. Do not stir.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of ice cream
Please share with your friends: