Finger licking deliciously spicy, aromatic tandoori cauliflower biriyani recipe for you to cook a great meal for your family and friends. One of the best veg biriyani version that I have ever tried.
- Basmati rice cooked-3 cups
- Cauliflower florets-(of one medium-sized cauliflower)
For tandoori cauliflower fry
- Tandoori masala:- 1 tsp(I used store-bought masala)
- Corn flour- 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- ½ cup yogurt
- Oil to shallow fry
For tandoori masala
- Whole spices( 1 piece cinnamon stick,3 cardamom pods,1/4 tsp cumin seeds, 1 bay leaf, 1-star anise, 3 cloves)
- Onion -2 medium sized thinly sliced
- Green chillies:-2
- Ginger garlic paste:- 1 tsp
- Tomato:- 1 thinly sliced
- Tandoori masala:-1 tsp
- Yogurt:- 3 tbsp
- Garam masala:- ½ tsp
- Dry fenugreek leaves:- 1 tsp
- Chopped mint and coriander leaves 1 cup
- Oil to fry the onion
- Ghee about 2 to 3 tsp
To fry tandoori cauliflower
Combine all the ingredients except oil under the head tandoori cauliflower fry to make a thick paste. Use one or 2 tap water if required. Coat the cauliflower florets in this batter and let it sit for at least 20 minutes before frying. Shallow fry in a thick bottomed grill pan until lightly crisp. Remove from the flame and set aside.
To make masala
In another thick bottomed pan heat, 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp ghee together add whole spices listed above and saute. Add sliced onion and fry until it becomes golden brown. Add Ginger garlic paste and green chillies and mix well. Add all the masalas and mix well. Add chopped tomato, yogurt , dry fenugreek leaves and half of the chopped mint and coriander leaves and saute well until it cooks and becomes a thick gravy.
To combine rice, masala and fried cauliflower
Add cooked rice in the masala and combine well. Add fried cauliflower and drizzle 2 tsp of ghee and cover and cook in a low flame for about ten minutes. Add more ghee if required.
Serve hot with raita and pickle.