|Vellarikka Pulincurry/ vellarikka Pulissery|
- vellarikka/ cucumber -250 grm
- turmeric powder-1 tsp+1 tsp
- chilli powder-1/2 tsp to 1 tsp depending upon your taste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp grated coconut
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 tsp jeera or cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seed
- few curry leaves
- coconut oil -2 tsp
- Dry red chillies-3
- In a pressure cooker add chopped cucumber/vellari, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 to 1 tsp chilli powder and 1 cup water . Mix well . Cover the lid and cook for 2 whistle.
- In a mixer jar add grated coconut, 1 tsp cumin seed,1 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 cup curd. Cover the lid aa grind it to a fine paste.
- In a mud pot add cooked cucumber/ vellari along with ground coconut paste and salt to taste. Add half cup water Give it good mix .
- Let it starts to bubble. Do not boil it. When it starts to bubble switch off the gas.
- For tempering, take a small kadai, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil, add 1 tsp mustard seeds,. When it starts to splutter add half tsp fenugreek seeds, 2-3 red dry chillies and few curry leaves. Add it immediately to the pulincurry. Mix well .
- Vellarikka pulincurry is ready to serve
- Serve it with boiled rice
Note :- You can substitute vellari/ cucumber with yam, pumpkin,ilavan, or raw banana to make pulincurry.
Please share with your friends: