- 1 cup good jeera rice or basmati rice
- 3/4 cup fresh green peas
- One onion thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 4-5 cloves
- 2 bay leaf
- One cinnamon stick
- 2-3 cardamom
- 2 tbs ghee
- 2 cups boiled water
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews and raisins
- Fried onions 1/4 cup
- Chopped Coriander and mint leaves
- Wash and drain rice and keep aside( soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes)
- Heat a thick bottomed pan, add ghee and spices and saute add onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add rice and saute until it changes it colour slightly.
- Pour the boiled water and add salt according to your taste.
- Cover and cook for about 7-8 minutes. Garnish with roasted nuts and raisins- and fried onions and coriander & mint leaves.
Please share with your friends: