- Half cup mixed sprouts
- One cup rice soaked for 15 minutes and drained
- 1tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- a pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- 1 small finely chopped onions
- salt optional (salt not recommended for babies below one year)
- 2 cups water
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- Add the asafoetida and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté until it turns light brown colour
- Add the rice and mixed sprouts and sauté for about 30 seconds
- Add 2 cups of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid
- Mash the khichdi using the back of a spoon according to your babies convenience
Serve lukewarm with fresh homemade curd.
Please share with your friends: