Most popular north Indian paratha recipe using fresh fenugreek leaves and whole wheat flour. You can also substitute with dry methi leaves. Serve it hot with pickle, daal or raita
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup methi leaves/fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- 1/4 cup curd
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp carom seeds/ajwain
- 2 tsp oil
- water as required, to knead the dough
- 5 tsp oil or ghee for roasting
- Rinse the methi leaves well and drain it completely. In a large mixing bowl combine wheat flour and chopped methi leaves and ¼ cup of curd. curd helps to remove the bitterness of methi leaves. additionally, add spices and salt to taste, add 2 tsp of oil and combine well. Add required water and knead it to a smooth dough.
- Make medium sized balls of the dough. Dust the balls with the flour and then start rolling the parathas
- On a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute. when the base is partly cooked, flip the methi paratha, brush oil/ghee and press slightly. Press the Paratha edges with a spatula so that sides of the parathas get evenly cooked.
- Serve methi paratha with raita and pickle.
Please share with your friends: