Most popular traditional aromatic NeyChoru or ghee rice usually served with spicy non veg curries especially prepared by Muslim community of Malabar region of Kerala
- Kaima/jeerakashala/barkhath rice – 2 cups( can also use basmati rice)
- Boiled Water- 4 cups
- Onion – one small finely chopped
- Ghee -3 tbs
- Pepper seeds-6-7 nos
- Bay leaf-2
- Cinnamon-2 small sticks
- Cashews and raisins- half cup for garnishing
- Onions one medium sized chopped finely for garnishing
- Chopped coriander and mint leaves for garnishing
- Wash and drain the rice and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a wide and deep pan. Add all spices and saute.
- Add onion and fry till pink colour
- Add the rice and saute for about five minutes u till the colour of rice changes
- Add water and salt according to your taste
- Cover and cook on low flame till the water is dried completely and rice is cooked.
- In another pan heat one tsp ghee add nuts and raisins- and fry.remove and keep aside
- In same oil fry onions until golden brown
- Garnish the cooked rice with fried onions, cashew and raisins and chopped mint and coriander leaves.
Please share with your friends: