- Black chana whole 1 cup
- chopped raw banana 1 big
- Chopped yam 1 cup
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 cup +1/2 cup grated coconut
- 5-6 shallots
- 2 tbsp jeera
- 1 small piece jaggery
- 3-4 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- curry leaves few
- salt to taste
- Soak black chana overnight.
- In a pressure cooker add 1 cup soaked black chana, diced yam and raw banana, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder,1 tsp pepper powder, salt to taste and 1 cup water. Mix well. Cover and cook for 2 whistles on low flame
- In a mixer grinder jar add 1 cup grated coconut, 1 tsp cumin seed, 5-6 shallots and coarsely grind it without water.
- In a mud pot add cooked vegetables nd chana, coarsely ground coconut mixture and a piece of jaggery. Give it a good mix. Smash the jagger Pieces and vegetables well. Add 1/5 cup water if the gravy is too thick
- Cook this gravy for about five minutes and set aside
- For tempering, heat 2-3 tbsp coconut oil. Splutter 1 tsp mustard seeds. When it starts to splutter add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 3-4 dry red chillies and 1/2 cup grated coconut. Add 2 whole curry leaves and 1 tbsp pepper powder. Roast this mixture until it turns dark brow colour.
- Add this tempered coconut mixture into the cooked vegetables and chana gravy. Give it a good mix .
- Kerala Sadya special Kootucurry is ready to serve. Serve it with hot boiled rice.
Please share with your friends: