- Kaada mutta / Quail eggs – 10 nos hard boiled
- Besan flour/ chickpea flour- 1/2 cup
- Rice flour- 1 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Baking soda-1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder- 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 2 pinch
- Ginger paste-1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste_1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida/ Hing powder- a pinch
- Garam masala powder-1/4 tsp
- Oil- for deep frying
- Coriander leaves- finely chopped
- Curry leaves- finely chopped
- Green chilly- 1, finely chopped
Boil the eggs and remove the shells once cooled.
In a mixing bowl, add besan flour, rice flour, salt, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, asafoetida powder, baking soda, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilly, coriander leaves, and curry leaves.
Mix everything well along with water to make a batter. Add water accordingly only, the consistency of the batter should not be very thin or very thick.
Heat oil in a pan. Dip the egg in the batter and deep fry in oil till golden colour.
Remove from oil and drain well in a kitchen towel.
Tasty and crispy Kaada Mutta Bajji is ready.
Serve hot along with tomato ketchup.