- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 can evaporated milk. (To produce 1 cup of evaporated milk, simmer 2 1/4 cups of regular milk down until it becomes 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir sugar over medium-low heat until melted and golden, for about 15 minutes. Quickly pour into an ungreased round baking dish, tilting to coat the bottom
- In a bowl, beat the milk, condensed milk, and eggs, one at a time until thoroughly combined. Add vanilla essence mix well. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place the dish in a larger baking pan. Pour boiling water into larger pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle).
- Remove dish from a larger pan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- To unmold, run a knife around edges and invert onto a large rimmed serving plate.
Please share with your friends: